Friday, May 29, 2015

As Nigerians welcome a new leader....

Picture credit: vanguard Newspapers
Today,Nigerians welcome a new leader, President Muhammadu Buhari as president. Along with him were also elected governors being inaugurated into their various offices today. There is a great task ahead of these elected officials.

While I congratulate the president and all the governors elect, I will like to say that they should help us find the missing girls from Chibok. It's been over a year and it seemed to be an impossible task to rescue the girl.

However, I believe that those girls can come back home with a collective effort. Although, more rests on the shoulders of the president, I will like to encourage all the governors to work with him to help us find these innocent girls.

 It has been a bitter pill for me to swallow since those girls went missing last year. I attended a boarding secondary school, in fact, two boarding schools, just like those girls. I couldn't have imagined being kidnapped while writing the most important examination at the school. I hope that proper rehabilitation institutions can be set up for their recovery once they are rescued. I am being hopeful here.

Wherever you are, please, join with with other people around the world who are advocating for the rescue of these girls to press upon the Nigerian government to help bring the girls back home. Again, I congratulate the president and governors and urge to bring back our girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment